Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Orange Orange Orange

While Lori is traveling back to NYC from Nashville, siting in first class and enjoying champagne with her meal, there was quite a different culinary experience happening up in Harlem. Big mistake. Huge. I let my guard down. And I learned my lesson. Never leave my wingman. Cooper is getting too coordinated and too smart, and now I have to clean it up......

Cooper thoroughly enjoyed tasting carrots for the first time this morning, and I think he liked them more than the sweet potatoes and the peas. He is getting quite good at "chewing" and swallowing. Absolutely loving the solid food thing. Of COURSE he does - he is our son!




So were having a grand old time, and then Cooper decided to reach out for the food I was holding. No way was I expecting this, and subsequently the carrots went flying (FLYING!) all over the place.





There was ORANGE everywhere.






The floor was covered.
I was covered.
ORANGE.





Carrots are really ORANGE.






Really freakin' ORANGE.



Managed to get most of the ORANGE out, but need to buy some Resolve tonight to make sure the stains are truly gone.


This whole thing is my own fault. I needed to be more aware of Cooper's capabilities. This will NOT happen again. Another thing that will not happen again? Cooper will never again partake in a mealtime anywhere near a rug!

This gives a whole new meaning to a Micioni Family "saying" that has been alive and well for years.....

I was in first grade, and could not for the life of me remember how to spell 'orange' for the upcoming spelling test of all the colors. I had my mom and dad banging out O R - A N - G E for days and days. So to this day, when someone does/says something not-quite-intellectual, my father can inevitably be heard yelling O R - A N - G E from the other room.

No comments: